Watercolor 64 Instagram Watercolor 64 Pinterest

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Grunge

Someone was telling me the other day about a documentary they watched that focused on new treatment for Alzheimer's patients in the USA. The gist of the therapy is that the patients are played music from different eras in their life (along with other stimulus) and the music triggers memories and responses that have been locked away for so long.

It got me to thinking, that it might be fun to lay down some "soundtracks" or playlists for different periods of my life. So here is the first one - my grunge phase. Definately not the first genre of music I was into (insert cringing-ly embarrassing story about having a huuuuuuuge crush on Donnie Wahlberg from NKOTB) - but a genre that I still really, really, really enjoy. 

Some of these songs bring a tear to my eye - recalling those horrid teen angst years. Some of them are just genuinely amazing songs (in my opinion of course). But all of them remind me of a time when the most important thing to me was hanging with my awesome friends, finding something to smoke and place to have a party that night and not having a single care in the world.... ahhhh those were some days! Enjoy :)

disclaimer - I am fully aware that some of these songs may not technically be "grunge" affiliated - but they were tunes I was into in my grunge days - soooooo shut your face :P
ps the tracks listed below are actually links to youtube if you wanna have a listen (just click) - I thoroughly recommend chucking on a flannel shirt and letting your hair down if you do - hah!


1. Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins                               2. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

3. Pretty Noose - Soundgarden                                      4. Nutshell - Alice in Chains

5. Jane Says - Janes Addiction                                      6. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

7. Elderly Woman.... - Pearl Jam                                  8. About a Girl - Nirvana  

9. Israel's Son - Silverchair                                           10. Miss World - Hole

11. Seasons - Chris Cornell                                           12. Touch Me I'm Sick - Mudhoney  

13. Everlong - Foo Fighters                                           14. Linger - Cranberries

15. Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr                                     16. Kool Thing - Sonic Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment